This is one of my favorite tips. When you generate a report in QuickBooks, default information is used and the report is displayed on the screen. How often do you change the information and then generate the report again? In QuickBooks, you can have the Modify Report screen come up prior to generating the report. Choose Edit | Preferences from the menu and then select the Reports & Graph option. On the My Preferences tab, check the checkbox entitled Prompt me to modify report options before opening a report. This will tell QuickBooks to open the Modify Report screen before generating a report, allowing you to put in your specific report criteria the first time the report is generated.
Other Recent Posts
- Sales Tax for Services? California’s deciding today. June 13, 2018
- What You Need To know About the 2018 Tax Reform – Part III June 7, 2018
- What You Need To know About the 2018 Tax Reform – Part II June 1, 2018
- The New Centralized Revenue Opportunity System (CROS) May 23, 2018
- What You Need To know About the 2018 Tax Reform – Part I May 22, 2018