Our outsourced accounting services increase efficiency and decrease costs for hundreds of local businesses. A fully certified and experienced accountant is assigned to your business and is there for any questions you might have. After familiarizing ourselves with your business and staff, we’ll become an extended part of your team. Your dedicated accountants are always available via email, phone or instant messenger. Your bookkeeper will work with you to process invoices and statements, accounts payable, cash receipts and disbursements, and payroll, as well as prepare bank reconciliations and recurring reports.
Tax planning services for business owners
Research on business tax issues
Multi-state tax returns
Year round business tax support
Preparation of tax returns for both large and small businesses
Tax advice related to starting, closing or transferring your business
Helping choose the right entity to minimize taxes
What we can do for your business
We can provide all of these services for your business on a monthly, quarterly or semi-annual basis.
Bookkeeping Functions Performed Daily (or weekly based on your agreement)
- Assign Appropriate MBS Accountancy and Client Approvers for Each Invoice
- Reconcile Vendor Statements
- Record Vendor, Debit Card Transactions, PayPal & EFT Payments
- Record Purchase Orders (PO) Prepared by Client
- Process Manual Checks Issued as needed for Emergencies
- Record Sales Invoices
- Email/Mail Customer Invoices and Statements
- Record Customer Payments
- Track Customer Under or Over Payments
Bookkeeping Functions Performed Monthly
- Prepare Bank Account Reconciliation(s)
- Prepare Credit Card Reconciliation(s)
- Reconcile Additional Balance Sheet Accounts
Bookkeeping Functions Performed Weekly
- Set Up Online Bill Payments as Vendor Payments are Approved by the Client
- Record Individual Credit Card Purchase Transactions
- Weekly Accounts Payable Aging Report
- Weekly Accounts Receivable Aging Report
- Weekly “To Be Coded” and “Backup Needed” Reports
- Process and/or Record Payroll
- Break Out Payroll/Payroll fees/ Payroll Taxes
- Balance Sheet
- Profit and Loss Statement – Month
- Profit and Loss Statement – Year-to-Date
- Accounts Receivable Aging
- Accounts Payable Aging
- General Ledger
- Bank Reconciliation Report(s)
- Credit Card Reconciliation Report(s)
- 2 Custom Reports (the initial setup of these reports may require a separate agreement)
Based on the information you provide to us during each customer/client billing cycle (or information regarding automatic recurring charges), MBS Accountancy prepares your sales invoice. We email you the final invoice for approval. Invoices can then be sent to the recipient via email or U.S. mail.
MBS Accountancy uses a special program for Accounts Payable Processing and Vendor Document Management. As we receive new vendor bills in your specially designed Inbox, we’ll enter the bills for your review and approval. If you have a question about a bill or for any reason opt not to approve it, our program includes an easy “deny” option that routes the bill right back to us along with your question or the reason for the denial. We’ll address any questions with you, make any adjustments that you request, or void the bill if it is not valid for payment. Bills can be routed to multiple approvers in a number of ways.
Once your bills are approved and ready for payment, you have several options:
- Pay the bill directly through our program or through our programs integration with PayPal® (these options are the most common and recommended)
- Print a check for mailing (you will need to request a PDF version of the check from us, have access to compatible check stock, and be an authorized signer on the bank account).
- Pay the bill via wire, credit card, manual check, or via other options and note that payment in our program
With our program, all of your vendor bills and documents are digitally stored. When you use our program to pay your bills, once a check for a vendor payment clears the bank, a copy of the front and back of that check is retained along with the digital image of the bill for easy reference. You can even open that image as a PDF for printing or emailing if needed. An even more powerful option is the e-payment solution available through our program. Not only can you pay thousands of vendors electronically that are already part of our programs Payment Network, but you can actually send an email invitation to virtually anyone that will allow him/her to enter and maintain their banking information for electronic payment.
Bank account activity is updated daily or weekly in your accounting file, based on our agreement with you, so that you always know your available cash balance. Transactions that appear in your bank or credit card account that the bookkeeper has no knowledge of will be posted, but the bookkeeper will inform you of these transactions and request supporting information from you by providing you with weekly “To Be Coded” and “Backup Needed” reports.
Banking, credit card, and loan accounts are reconciled to the corresponding statements each month, and the reconciliation reports are posted to your portal.
Getting Your Information to Us
We make getting your documents to us easy by offering several options. As a client of MBS Accountancy, we utilize a special program, which will include a fax number and email address that are specific to your company. Based on a schedule that we will confirm with you during your implementation process, we’ll ask you to send your documents to us using any combination of the following methods:
- Log in to our program and upload documents from your computer
- Scan and email documents to your email address created by our program
- Fax documents to your assigned fax number
For the most streamlined billing and payment process, many of our clients choose to use the integrated credit card processing options available. The use of these options can dramatically reduce accounting time and costs. If you are interested in learning more, please ask us!
MBS Accountancy offers a variety of payroll processing options to suit the needs of your business. However, in order for MBS Accountancy to process payroll using our in-house services, all employees must be paid via Direct Deposit. Otherwise, we are happy to work with your third-party payroll provider.
All clients incur a one-time initial set-up fee that includes our initial analysis of the processes being used to handle your accounting and related tasks today, our documented solution strategy showing you the workflow we will implement with you to streamline your processes and improve your ability to get the information you need to make informed decisions. We also create an internal procedures manual that details each step in your accounting and related internal processes. A copy of this manual will be provided to you. The setup of your accounting and integrated software solutions is also included in this fee.
Ready for a Complete Accounting Solution?
If you’re ready for comprehensive accounting services aided by superior technology, we are eager to work with you. Contact us today about your Fresno accounting needs.