CONSTRUCTION ACCOUNTING SERVICES
Track your bottom line with each
Schedule a FREE call with a CPA to learn how we help construction
companies track the profitability of their projects.
Build a solid foundation for financial success
Success in the construction industry involves a lot of project planning and management. Managing several job sites while ensuring each project is a success can be difficult.
Planning for seasonal slumps and maintaining profit in light of tariffs means you need accurate financial insights to successfully manage bids, estimates, and job costing, and ensure project profitability.
As a full-service CPA firm, we make sure you have the data needed to make profitable decisions for your construction company.
Construction accounting services that drive
Get insight into every
Inaccurate cost forecasts for your project can cause you to run out of cash reserves and fail to meet payment demands for suppliers, subcontractors, and services rendered. Our construction accountants develop rolling cash flow forecasts for each construction project, helping you:
• Allocate costs over time with a time-phased cost budget baseline that allows you to know where the money is going in each project.
• Use project-based accounting to track each project’s adherence to the original budget, and account for any variance.
• Stay on top of job and labor costs, change orders, and invoices with modern, cloud-based accounting software.
Ensure accurate job costing with
Handling numerous projects of varying shapes and sizes makes it difficult to match income and expenses to their respective project. We’ll help you keep track of the percentage of completion for all your projects, with income and expenses properly allocated.
• Track the cost of labor and hours spent by subcontractors on each project
• Use the percentage of completion method to recognize revenue and expenses related to large projects properly.
• Make smarter job bids based on accurate historical cost data
Use cloud-based QuickBooks® for
We leverage the robust Projects feature of QuickBooks® Online to tag each project’s transactions and run project-specific reports. With a centralized reporting dashboard, you’ll gain better insight and visibility into the financial data and trends for your construction projects. Most of our team members are QuickBooks® ProAdvisors, meaning you’ll always have a QuickBooks pro to answer your questions.
• Connect your back office operations with contractors and technicians in the field by using Intuit Field Service Management features.
• Gain visibility into field operations with real-time updates from job sites, efficient job scheduling, and fast invoicing features.
• Ditch clunky clipboards and use the QBO mobile app to get immediate updates on work orders, technician schedules, and customer history while you’re in the field.
Keep better financial records with our bookkeeping services
Construction contractors know that successful projects start with detailed project planning and cost estimates that are backed by comprehensive financial records and a sound project budget. This prevents overruns from construction projects going out of scope and costing you profits. Our construction accounting services and bookkeeping services help you deliver quality projects on time and within budget. Our team of CPAs and construction accountants will help you manage daily accounting tasks, process employee payroll, and develop an effective tax strategy for your construction company.
Integrate QuickBooks’ reporting features
with the tools you already love
QBO’s advanced integrations capabilities let you combine leading construction project
management software with QBO for a comprehensive, tailored solution.
• lockShark Time Tracking
• Knowify for Contractors
• Builder Prime
Our team of Fresno CPAs helps your company:
Secure your data with enterprise-level construction accounting software
When it comes to your company’s financials, we take security seriously. Our team uses QuickBooks® Online (QBO) as our construction accounting software. QBO features bank-level encryption protocols and robust access control features that keep your data safe.
With granular access controls, QBO lets you grant role-based access privileges to keep data safe from unauthorized access. We also protect your financials by using ShareFile® to send and receive sensitive documents securely.
Navigate the unique aspects of construction bookkeeping
Ensuring your financial transactions are error-free can take a lot of time. Our bookkeepers will handle all of the necessary bookkeeping for your construction business. We accurately record construction project expenditures to help you make sound project estimates. We also help you:
- Manage client balances for each project, along with other accounts payable.
- Ensure all of your transactions for each project are recorded promptly and accurately.
- Tie together costs for employees, contractors, transportation, equipment, and materials for a better bid process.
Uncover opportunities for tax savings with an effective tax strategy
Tax planning for construction companies involves maximizing tax deductions and tax credits whenever possible. Proper tax strategy also involves discovering tax savings opportunities through operational adjustments and improved compliance.
Our construction accountants stay on top of changes in tax laws, regulations, and compliance requirements so you understand how tax updates affect your company. We help you develop a solid tax strategy that leverages tax deductions and credits for your company. In short, we’ll help your company:
- Comply with tax law requirements.
- Help you avoid overpaying on taxes by leveraging tax credits and deductions.
- File all required tax forms with the IRS and state authorities.
- Understand how tax updates and changes impact your company
Gain an ally in IRS issues and complex tax issues
Our CPA firm can help you successfully navigate complex tax problems like overdue tax payments, failure to file tax returns, or payroll tax debt. As CPAs, we provide you with expert IRS representation, appearing on your behalf before the IRS, and working with them to achieve the best outcome for your company.
- Maximize tax credits like the research and development (R&D) tax credit and uncover opportunities for additional tax savings.
- Use deductions like the domestic production activities deduction (DAPD) and qualified business income (QBI) deduction to reduce tax liability.
- Leverage advanced tax planning strategies to maximize savings during tax season.