According to AccountingWeb.com, they list the following 5 reasons why people leave their Accountant:
- Not having a real understanding of the client’s business. This was the biggest single reason, quoted again and again by business people who had recently changed auditors. He/She simply didn’t understand what made my business tick” was the most quoted statement by ex-clients.
- Availability. “He NEVER returns my phone calls.” “I had an URGENT problem and the best she could offer me was half an hour a week on Tuesday.” If people can’t get hold of you when they need you, they will go elsewhere for solutions to their problems.
- Approachability. Where clients felt that they couldn’t approach their Accountant for help and advice, or where they felt “belittled” for asking “stupid” questions, or where the Accountant in question obviously didn’t have much time for them (see #2 also) then they would vote with their feet. People skills show their real value here!
- Being passed down the “food-chain”. People want to deal with a Partner, and when the Partner gets too busy to deal with the “smaller cases”, and passes these clients down the line to younger, more junior people within the firm, the relationship with the client is put at risk.
- Price. Yep, there were 5 items that ranked much higher than price as the reason why people move their account. A remarkably small percentage quoted fee issues to be even remotely connected with leaving their previous accounting firm.
Here’s how we are different:
- We take the time to truly understand the needs of our clients. We know we can not succeed without our clients success.
- We understand that things do come up. Knowing this, we utilize the latest technology to allow us to help our clients, in or out of the office.
- We are your partner. We try to create the most productive environment possible for YOUR situation. Not all clients are the same and we treat each client with dignity and respect.
- We use our trusted professionals (employees) to build the right team for your project and our partners personally oversee each project.
- Again, we know not all clients are the same. We provide all of our clients custom prices for their situation. You shouldn’t have to pay for services you don’t need.